CertAsig Specialty is looking for:
Senior Cargo UnderwriterAbout CertAsig Specialty
CertAsig Specialty s.r.o. is a specialist non-life insurance underwriting agency headquartered and regulated in Prague, Czech Republic with an approved branch in Bucharest, Romania. CertAsig Specialty was set-up in early 2019 and began underwriting on behalf of various major European insurance groups all with A ratings with Standard & Poor's on 1st July.
Our target lines include Black Sea Marine Hull and Cargo, Commercial Property, Liability, Cyber and Bonds primarily in Czech Republic, Slovakia and CEE. Our preferred distribution channel is through trusted broker partners.
We currently seek to engage a "Senior Cargo Underwriter" to join our team
The Senior Cargo Underwriter will:
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and capabilities:
- Directly organize, develop and manage the cargo portfolio which will primarily target Romanian cargo - by sea, road and air;
- Prepare cargo business plan identifying total premiums targeted, expected loss ratios and details of distribution to ensure a clear 'plan of action';
- Implement and grow the cargo portfolio in line with business plan, with clear appetite and underwriting philosophy;
- Initiate new ideas, concepts and products to develop and deliver on plan, in particular other transportation classes such as cash in transit, fine art, and exhibitions;
- Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements as well as CertAsig Specialty's MGA agency agreements;
Package - the successful candidate will benefit from an attractive remuneration scheme, including:
- Minimum 5 years cargo insurance underwriting (or relevant) experience;
- Significant knowledge of risk assessment, selection and pricing;
- Technical knowledge of individual cargo risks, programs and insurance underwriting;
- Ability to partner with a dynamic and ambitious leadership team;
- Strong broker relationships, in particular in the Romanian market, with specific knowledge of target cargo accounts;
- Ability to work in an international environment with strong English language skills.
Candidates are requested to submit their CVs (in English only please) to the following e-mail address before Friday 16th August 2019: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competitive fixed base salary;
- Monthly bonus scheme based on underwriting results;
- Profit commission based on underwriting profitability;
- Possibility to become shareholder of agency, subject to strong, consistent performance;
- Flexible working hours.