CertAsig - Chief Underwriting Officer
"CertAsig Insurance & Reinsurance Co. is a Romanian specialist non-life insurance company primarily selling niche, non-motor insurance products to corporate customers through insurance brokers.
Since December 2007, CertAsig has been majority-owned by Royalton Capital Investors II, a private equity fund focused on acquiring and developing service sector companies throughout European countries of Central and Eastern Europe. Royalton Capital Investors II L.P.'s limited liability partners include Alpha Associates, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and European Investment Fund (EIF).
We are currently looking for a "Chief Underwriting Officer" to join our team.
As the Chief Underwriting Officer for CertAsig, you will:
- Directly organize, develop and manage the portfolio teams in all countries where CertAsig operates, to ensure that colleagues are available and aligned with business needs;
- Prepare the annual business plan for the underwriting portfolios together with Heads of Product Lines, monitor and report on progress, identify deviations, recommend and implement remedial action to best achieve business objectives;
- Motivate and develop the underwriting team by demonstrating good leadership skills and use of management best practice, to optimize human resources to achieve business goals;
- Grow the underwriting portfolios in line with business plan, in line with underwriting philosophy and appetite;
- Initiate new ideas, concepts and products to support the development and delivery of the business plan;
- Ensure underwriting team's compliance with CertAsig underwriting framework to ensure controlled underwriting environment;
- Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements as well as Certasig' reinsurance programs;
- University degree
- 10+ years insurance underwriting (or relevant) experience; 5+ years of people management experience
- In-depth knowledge of risk assessment, selection and pricing
- in-depth technical knowledge of individual risk, program and insurance underwriting of liability and property lines
- Ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to corporate mission
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation), interpersonal and networking skills at all levels of organizations
- Strong broker relationships.